Saturday, April 07, 2012

The Return

So long away. What have I done?

I decided to log on to my blog today and discovered it had been three years since I had made my last post. My first two thoughts where " where the  hell has the last three years gone? ", and " Why haven't I been posting anything about any of my projects? " To be honest the desire to post has not been there for a considerable time. My Wife and kids and I made a move across town to a new larger place a few years ago. I was all hyped at the time about finally having the space for a more permanent work area for gaming and modeling, but unfortunately the basement area where I was going to set up proved to be a little too dark  for my eyesight . I ended up working on the good old kitchen table again. Another hitch to my plans was finding people in my town who where interested in gaming the same genre's.  Most people here play 40K or Warhammer Fantasy and little else.  to be honest  I had grown a little tired of those games. Not to mention that they had become a little to difficult to afford on my salary with three children as well. The one friend I did find who was interested in gaming WWII with me, backed out of the project after a few months. I had invested in a large number of figures and vehicles for both of us. Fortunately for me My eldest, an 11 year old boy is showing interest in gaming and model building. We  do have some bumps to work through though. Alex, my son was diagnosed with Autism spectrum disorder when he was four. While while he is very high functioning. we have difficulties with his impulsiveness at times.  which makes  sometimes simple tasks challenging. I am hoping that model building and gaming will help him develop a bit more control over his disorder. My two daughters are also becoming interested in gaming to a small degree. I hope that we can make it a family activity at some point

My blogging plans.


The first thing was a name change. Wargamer on Deck was a name I wasn't really happy with when I created this blog. But I couldn't think of anything better  at the time. With this blog I intend to concentrate  solely on Miniature gaming and Role playing games. So the new title encompasses that, and the sporadic nature in which I indulge them. I am creating a second blog where I will discuss model building. I am certain as yet how to handle the posts that cross both boundaries. So with that in mind, I hope this is a whole new start. I wont promise that i will post regularly, but i will post more often than every three years.


Ciao till nest time
George

No comments: