Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hat 1/72 scale 1812 French

I bought a couple of boxes of the Hat #8095 1808-1812 French Infantry, awhile back, with the intent of doing them and some Russians up for skirmishing using Two Hour Wargames "Black Powder Battles". I haven't gotten around to painting all of them. However, I did sit down one evening and paint up a sampling of one of the boxes. Overall, I was very impressed with the figures. The poses where reasonable. None of them where the " Hey Bill " pose that many complain about in other plastic sets. The detail is sharp and the figures are proportioned a little more "Chunky" than a lot of plastics. I think they would go well with metal figures of the same scale. The plastic in this set takes paint well. I think you could apply paint directly to the plastic without a primer. I still used a spray primer regardless. The figures I got where moulded in a sky blue colour. I washed a few up with Dish soap and water and when they where dry I primed them with white Krylon primer. I painted the figures with a combination fo some old Games workshop paints, Folk Art craft paints and Humbrol water based acrylics. I should get off my but and paint up some more and a few Russians so I can start playing with them. Anyway. Enjoy the pics and feel free to comment.




Cheers.
GeorgeD.


No comments: