Thursday, May 28, 2009

More Reaper Figures.

I have been painting a number of Reaper miniatures from their Warlord, and Dark Heaven lines. The first two in the photos are from the Warlord Darkspawn army. I really like the way they have done the figures. The have a very ominous beauty too them.The demon figure, Ashakia in the Warlord fluff, was originally a mortal woman, dissatisfied with humanity given imortality in a demonic form. ( theres more to the story than that but nuff said). I wanted to keep somewhat of a "human" look to her so I painted her as I would any normal female figure. For the Witch Queen I wanted her to have a very unearthly pale sort of beauty. I tried using a prurple underoat for the skin gradually adding tones of lighter flesh tones to almost white skin highlights. I am not unhappy with the result, but I am still not sure if it is exactly what I wanted. The final three I painted up for my wife and some friends to use in a " Failed " Rpg campaign I had started running. The campaign lasted all of two sessions, when the party all decided to split up and handle the bad guys individually. They all ended up captured and sold into slavery. All the players where miffed at me except for my wife. Good thing as hers was the only opinion that really mattered. We pretty much ended the campaign by mutual agreement. I think the figures will be used for pc's in another game if I get one started though. The Dwarf I chose because it was a little more slender looking than most Dwarves. The character was supposed to be of mixed Dwarven/ Elvish blood. Everyone in the campaign wanted bright and colourful figures. The dwarven mage wanted a predominantly red scheme. The other two where completely undecided as to what they wanted. I decided that I wanted to incorporate red to greater or lesser degree's to tie in all the characters. For the thief, my friend wanted something that would blend in. I reasoned however that an all black scheme would be a little boring. I figured the gray cloak would blend in a bit better to an urban environment. The blue for the tunic and breeches was still dark if the character needed to blend into shadows. The red bags where my attempt to tie the thief in with the other figures in the group. My wife wanted to play a bard. So I went to town on the colour combinations. Red to visually tie it to the other too. I thought the yellow and blue helped to lighten up the figure more than if I had tried to do her in a monochrome scheme.




I hope you all enjoyed the pictures. Ta for now!
Cheers.
GeorgeD

No comments: